Build a basic understanding of units of measure and create a great foundation for your learners. The instructional activity gives a complete overview of everything measurement, from types of measurement to rounding to conversions — it has it all!
- Use unit analysis to help guide the unit conversions
- Work practice problems on the board as a way to check for understanding and identify misconceptions
- Although meant as a review, many pupils will have difficulty with the rounding and conversions
- Continues a series of 16 geometry lessons
- Uses context throughout the lesson to give meaning to the concepts
- Lesson scaffolds to more difficult problems as it progresses
- Does not provide a key to the practice problems