This Measurement of Probability: Basketball Throw interactive also includes:
Future mathematicians use an interactive to see how changing the size of a basketball court and the size of a region in the court affects the probability that a ball will randomly fall within the specified region. No calculations are necessary, and learners come away with a conceptual understanding of probability.
- Collaborate with a physical education teacher for a unit on basketball
- Instructors need to set up free CK-12 account
- Individuals should have familiarity with the definition of probability
- Includes video links as part of the tutorial
- Connects several different areas of mathematics