This Measuring and Mapping the Playground activity & project also includes:
The school playground is a great place to learn about math. Pupils measure the dimensions of a playground using baby steps and individual strides. They use their measurements to create a scale drawing of the playground by applying an appropriate scale factor.
- Have learners create a scale drawing for a personal place of interest as a take-home project
- Must complete the resource Stride Ruler first
- Required materials include grid paper and a compass
- Scholars appreciate being outdoors
- Provides a printable student instruction sheet