This Measuring Blocks activity & project also includes:
Stack them together to get a measurement. The short activity has pupils work in pairs to measure the lengths of two blocks and then determine the length of the two blocks together. The groups then determine an equation that represents their sum and total length.
- Ask the class how they would determine the length all the way around the block
- Each pair needs to have UNIFIX cubes and two blocks to measure
- Learners should know how to measure with the UNIFIX cubes and add within 20
- Provides commentary on how the activity fits with the sequence of standards
- Includes a suggestion for extension
- Links on teacher pages do not work