This Measuring Viscosity activity & project also includes:
Groups use a marble to determine the viscosity of household fluids. The procedure calls for pupils to measure the amount of time it takes a marble to fall a specified distance in the fluids. Using unit conversions and algebra, the teams then determine the viscosity of the fluids.
- Collect the group data for each fluid and calculate a class average for each
- The class should be comfortable with substituting into formulas and calculating for unknowns
- Collect fluids and decide how many groups will test each fluid
- The sixth activity in a series of 10
- The resource contains suggestions on how to extend and scale the activity for different grade levels
- The worksheet contains the formulas needed to make all the necessary calculations