This Media Policy and You: Crash Course Media Literacy #9 instructional video also includes:
Sharing is caring! How much does your class know about the laws that govern sharing on social media and other areas of the Internet? The video, part of an ongoing series about media literacy, examines copyright laws, intellectual property, and privacy issues. The narrator explains the types of shared data that introduces danger of Internet use, and the legislation that aims to keep people safe in the digital age.
- Use the video to give the class an overview of the types of laws that are in place to protect creative work and individual privacy
- Have pupils review your school district's media policy and compare it with federal regulations
- The resource, ninth in the series, discusses sexting and sexually explicit content on the Internet; talk with an administrator about this portion of the video beforehand
- The video is insightful and very informative
- Explains each aspect of media policy, complete with animations