This Medicine's Future? There's an App for That video also includes:
Imagine injecting tiny robots into your blood to help fight disease. According to Daniel Kraft, that's just one of many exciting new medical technologies coming our way in the not-so-distant future. The key to these amazing innovations is the exponential rate at which technologies are becoming faster, smaller, cheaper, and overall better. Use this video to introduce an engineering design project related to the field of medicine, or to explain the concept of exponential growth to your math class. Note that STD testing and colonoscopy technologies are referenced, so be sure the content is appropriate for your students.
- Video includes amazing technologies that capture the attention of the viewer
- Explains a real-world context of exponential growth
- Includes multiple choice and free-response questions to guide a class discussion
- Allows for teachers to build their own lessons surrounding the video
- Requires teacher to develop clear learning objectives based on the content of the video