Class members determine the distance a video game character must move to shoot an arrow over a castle wall. Players determine the new equation to enter to represent the trajectory of the arrow and find all the distances the character can move and still have the arrow clear the wall.
- Allow pupils to provide graphical explanations
- Have individuals determine an equation that would allow the archer to remain in the same place but still clear the wall
- Individuals need to understand horizontal shifts
- Includes a graphic that shows the set up, but does not give away the answers
- Allows for part C to be an extension