This MedMyst: Animal Alert! interactive also includes:
An outbreak of disease is affecting people in a distant region—it's time to get to work! Scholars take the role of scientists as they learn more about the illness, discover the possible causes, and find a way to prevent the further spread of the disease. The simulation lets users choose from multiple career paths in the final lesson of the seven-part MedMyst series.
- Have groups research when scientists consider a disease an outbreak and discuss the threshold
- Requires each student have a computer with Adobe Flash
- Relies on prior knowledge from the sixth lesson in the series, but not from the first five
- Provides tips and guidance to stay on the right track
- Works well in traditional or flipped classes