Scientists keep pursuing heavier elements in the hopes of finding a stable and useful element for practical purposes. Hopeful they've found one, the narrator explains the four newest elements that were added to the periodic table in 2016. Individuals hear about their make-up, where they came from, and their new names.
- After showing the video, have classmates pick one of the new elements and spend a few minutes deciding what they would name it
- Turn on closed captioning so all pupils can follow along
- Video is appropriate for middle and high school learners
- You can show the video, via closed captioning, in many different languages when auto-translate is turned on in the settings
- Video does a nice job of explaining the new names of these four elements