Why do siblings often look so different from one another? Discover the process of making gametes using a short video from a large biology playlist. The narrator explains each step while animated chromatids play out the scenario that takes place when sex cells form.
- Include the resource as an introduction to meiosis or as a handy review tool
- Hand out a cut out activity so pupils can arrange the steps as they watch the video
- Some understanding of mitosis is helpful for viewing the video
- The explanations of each step are illustrated, creating a strong connection between meiosis terms and what is actually happening with the genetic information
- Content draws on prior knowledge of mitosis but does a great job of differentiating between it and meiosis