An informative video overviews haploid versus diploid cells, how meiosis, fertilization, and mitosis all work together, how mitosis and meiosis differ in their processes and end results, and concludes with a brief discussion about independent assortment, crossing over, and random fertilization.
- Review haploid and diploid vocabulary terms
- Briefly review steps of mitosis
- Classroom must have a computer, Internet access, and a projection system
- Assumes learner has some understanding of haploid and diploid
- Part 24 in a series of 37
- Nice visuals and simple overview of mitosis and meiosis, emphasizing their similar steps and differences
- Great explanation of how and why siblings don't look exactly the same