This Mental Math Warm-Up activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Use a simple warm-up that has pupils solving math equations to determine the number of reps for a certain exercise. Learners use mental math to solve basic equations. Next, they must do the same number reps of whatever exercise you choose. Repeat as necessary.
- Use grade appropriate math equations for each class
- Change up the exercises each round, doing jumping jacks, push-ups, planks, burpees, high knees, etc.
- Have class members focus on proper technique of each fitness exercise
- A warm-up activity rather than a fitness game
- Best used with elementary and middle schoolers
- Reinforces fitness techniques and mental math