This Metals—Gifted and Talented Chemistry unit also includes:
Malleable, magnetic, mesmerizing metals! Pupils love learning about metallic elements, especially through the hands-on activities in an engaging lesson plan. The resource provides thorough instruction on the properties of metals, the activity series, and redox reactions.
- Pass around samples of as many metals as possible and ask the class to record and compare their observations
- Plan a little extra time for the assessment, as it is quite lengthy
- Consider providing additional front-end instruction covering the transition metals and how their chemistry compares to that of aluminum or sodium
- The activities are interesting and impactful
- All printable materials are available in the teacher's guide