This Metamorphic Rock Classification: Changing Under Pressure interactive also includes:
Change is coming — but how much? Geology pupils discover the transformation of metamorphic rock using a well-rounded interactive. Topics include the effects of pressure and temperature on metamorphic rock, how time factors into the changes that occur, and foliated versus non-foliated rock.
- Need written proof of students' progress? Have pupils answer the questions at the end of the resource and hand them in
- Ask the class to compare the effects of temperature and pressure on rocks to other situations they may be familiar with, such as gases or chemical reactions
- Register for a free account with CK-12 to use the resource
- Learners should have an understanding of rock types before viewing the interactive
- The interactive operates smoothly and illustrates the gradual change that occurs in metamorphic rocks
- Scholars see the correct answers, with rationales, after each question they answer