When you wish upon a shooting star ... you're actually pinning your hopes and dreams upon a meteor! Science scholars discover the origin of these dazzling falling bodies in a video that's sure to captivate. The narrator explains the types of meteors, meteor showers, and the likelihood of impact here on Earth.
- As several meteor showers are visible throughout the year, assign a project and have the class record their observations of the event
- Provide samples of meteorites for learners to examine
- Discuss how a meteor's position relative to Earth affects the terminology used to describe it prior to watching the video
- Illustrations help pupils differentiate between types of meteors and their parent bodies
- The narrator explains the content using simple terms, making it a great video for a range of learning levels