This Method of Cylindrical Shells interactive also includes:
Approximate the volume of a solid of revolution. Using a method similar to approximating the area under a curve, pupils investigate the volume of a solid of revolution. The learners use a given definite integral to find the volume of specific revolutionary solids.
- Use 3-D modeling software to display the solids of revolution in the problems
- The class should know how to take definite integrals
- Requires an free CK-12 account for access
- The extra material provides more examples and problems
- Allows learners to view the correct answer if they enter the wrong one