This Metric to Imperial Length video also includes:
Metric and standard units both have their place. Scholars learn to convert between the two systems of units using a helpful video lesson. The narrator demonstrates conversions between metric and standard units of lengths. Once mastered, individuals follow the lesson by completing included practice problems.
- Have pupils measure the length of their desks in both inches and centimeters; then convert inches to centimeters to compare to the measurement
- Pause the video before the presenter shows the answers to ask for solving strategies
- Familiarity with both metric and standard units prior to the lesson is helpful
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes several examples of each conversion type
- Uses color to organize the information and steps of the calculations