This Metric Units for Length video also includes:
Powers of 10 are the key! Individuals learn how to convert units of length using the metric system in a video lesson. The presenter uses a visual reference to help scholars decide when to multiply or divide and by what power of 10.
3 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Give pupils a meter stick or meter paper tape to use a reference when making conversions
- Have learners measure an object in millimeters, centimeters, and meters to compare with conversions
- Expects fluent multiplication and division by powers of 10
- Offers several examples for each conversion type
- Includes a practice assignment for independent study