This Microbes Ate My Homework lesson plan also includes:
Now you have a new excuse not to do your homework. A long-term experiment has learners explore cellulose-digesting enzymes. They simulate how paper breaks down in a compost bin. There's no need to blame your dog for eating your homework anymore!
- If possible, live stream the experimental setup through the school website
- Pupils should have experience with enzymes
- Activity requires 30 minutes to set up but several weeks for the paper to decompose
- Includes a student activity sheet
- Provides teaching notes for instructors