This Microorganisms in Pond Water lab resource also includes:
That is living in the water? Groups of two to three view pond water with microscopes in order to find microorganisms. They draw pictures of the ones they find in their slides. The groups compare their drawings to pictures of common pond organisms in order to identify the types in their water. The pupils then use a website to determine information about pond organisms.
- Review the scientific method prior to the lesson to ensure the class is familiar with the approach
- Either the class will need to collect pond water to observe the organisms, or they will need another source of microorganisms
- Requires access to compound microscopes
- Teacher notes provide information on how to gather microorganisms to study
- All the resources are Word documents and can be customized to fit the needs of the class
- Sample lab report does not pertain to the Pond Microorganisms Lab