This Mighty Microorganisms activity & project also includes:
How can you tell if a microorganism is helpful or detrimental to an ecosystem? Learners inspect slides or pictures of microorganisms and record their observations to identify those that are beneficial or harmful. They then pretend to travel to a new planet, discover a new microorganism, and decipher whether the microorganisms would benefit or harm their planet.
- If applicable, coordinate with your school's science lab teacher to direct the microscope portion of the lesson
- Teach healthy habits when discussing harmful microorganisms
- The eleventh lesson in a series of 17 designed to educate pupils about ecosystems
- Provides pictures in case microscopes and slides are not available
- Lesson plan is detailed and easy to follow
- Pictures come in color and with descriptions