This Migrants in the Media lesson plan also includes:
Class members examine two documents—The Universal Declaration of Human Rights and The Rights of Migrants in the United States—and then use reports in the media to assess how well the US is doing in ensuring these rights.
17 Views 14 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- The resource is presented from a human rights prospective; therefore, have groups research and analyze the arguments that contend that immigrants pose a threat to national security
- Requires multiple copies of multiple pages
- The activity presumes class members have experience analyzing primary source documents
- The five-page packet includes a fact sheet that details the Rights of Migrants in the United States, a summary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and a worksheet for the media analysis assignment
- No rubric for the presentations is included