There is more about the Milky Way that scientists don't know than what they do know—that leaves a lot to discover! A thorough lesson presentation explores the components of the Milky Way Galaxy and their behaviors.
15 Views 9 Downloads NGSS: Adaptable
- Have pupils create a scale model of the Milky Way Galaxy
- Post the notes on a class website for absent pupils or to use as a review
- Requires a solid understanding of the components of the solar system
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Defines all new scientific terms
- Includes both size and velocity perspectives