Scientists need help identifying tens of thousands of species of millipedes. The Brain Scoop video, part of an Insects and Invertebrates playlist, discusses the unique features of millipedes. It explains their importance to the environment as well as how much we still have to learn.
- Catch millipedes in your area and either identify them or email their photos and locations to the Field Museum for identification
- Learn more about the millipede shown at 2:22 the Zoosphaerium darthvaderi
- Discusses the reproductive organs and processes the millipedes use
- Provides subtitles in English for ease of note taking
- Presenters' enthusiasm for millipedes is contagious