Science does not need to be as hard as a rock. Pupils test 10 different minerals to determine their properties. The learners observe luster, streak, hardness, and fluorescence for each specimen. Afterwards, they compare and contrast the minerals based on their observations.
- Use a KWL to assess the learners' understanding of minerals
- As a class, determine the procedures to determine the properties of the minerals
- Requires at least one set of mineral specimens
- Suggests where to purchase mineral specimens
- Contains a link to a virtual lab