You've got a few minutes left at the end of class to practice vocabulary, but what can you do other than call out a word and ask for definitions? Play one of these 12 quick games! Each game is explained in detail and easy to modify for your list and your learners.
- Use these at the end of class when you have a few moments to review or as a brain breaks in between longer activities or periods of instruction
- Play several games in a row in order to review vocabulary more fully (consider doing this before a quiz)
- These vocabulary games are easily adaptable for a wide age and ability range
- These games can be used with any vocabulary list and easily inserted into small spaces in a school day
- Each game is paired with ideas for increasing and decreasing difficulty and considerations for the teacher