This Mining Literature for Deeper Meanings video also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Literature teachers often ask their classes to find the big ideas in a text, but how does a writer do this successfully? Show the video to give your pupils some steps to keep in mind while they read and analyze. The narrator encourages readers to think about insight and complexity and describes each term with a literary example. Animated and paired with additional materials, this video provides a basic strategy for discovering main ideas.
- The examples provide help clarifying the concepts, which are somewhat complex
- The resource comes with extra materials and allows for those with a free account to flip and personalize the lesson before sending it out to learners
- The narrator talks a bit fast, which makes some of the complex terms harder to understand they first time one listens.
- This is an overview only and should be paired with more detailed description and practice