Think you know a lot about the universe? You may, or may not, be right! Aspiring astrologists examine our ever-expanding universe with a video from the Veritasium playlist. The narrator discusses the observable universe, the time it takes for light from beyond the Hubble Sphere to reach Earth, and how we can observe stars traveling faster than the speed of light.
- Have students write down why they think we're able to see light from very distant galaxies before watching the video
- Dig deeper into the Hubble Sphere by assigning some insightful problems and questions
- The video requires extensive knowledge of the behavior of the universe
- Illustrations help viewers grasp significant points
- The narrator poses many thoughtful questions throughout the video, a great help for post-video discussions