Although we cannot clone ourselves yet, our bodies make copies of our cells every day. The video begins by defining diploid and haploid. Learners see the cell cycle and begin to understand what happens in interphase before mitosis begins. The lesson then analyzes chromosome structure and explains the phases of mitosis.
- Look at onion root cell mitosis slides under the microscope
- Pause the video at 11:33 and use the projected image of onion root cells, having learners identify the different stages of mitosis
- Must have a computer, Internet access, and projection system
- Part 27 in a series of 37
- Beautiful images of onion root cells in mitosis
- Great explanation of when mitosis works too well in cancer