This Model of a Black Hole lesson plan also includes:
Even light cannot leave the force of a black hole! Learners use a model to explore the gravitational force of a black hole. An elastic bandage and heavy ball serve to create the hole, while marbles become the victims of its strong force.
- Incorporate during an astronomy unit of study on stars and black holes
- Review important vocabulary in a graphic organizer for reference during the activity
- Expects knowledge of how black holes form
- Collect necessary materials before teaching the lesson
- Adaptable to various grade levels
- Uses modeling to explain a complex concept