This Model of Prosthetic Leg lesson plan also includes:
Give the class a leg up in their understanding of engineering. A STEM activity has learners design a prosthetic leg that can kick a ball. They build a prototype of the prosthetic, keeping track of the design costs associated with their prototype based on a given price chart.
- Team up with a Biology teacher for the lesson
- Invite a prosthetics expert to give a presentation
- Part of the SLED Design activities
- Requires a variety of materials
- Includes possible assessment options
- Lists web resources for additional study