This Modeling Riverbeds with Polynomials (part 2) lesson plan also includes:
Examine the power of technology while modeling with polynomial functions. Using the website wolfram alpha, learners develop a polynomial function to model the shape of a riverbed. Ultimately, they determine the flow rate through the river.
3 Views 1 Download CCSS: Designed
- Allow learners to work with partners and complete the lesson independently
- Pupils need access to the Internet or a graphing calculator
- A direct extension from lesson 14 in the series
- Incorporates a powerful technology tool that learners may find useful for other applications
- Practice problems provided allow individuals to extend their learning and solidify concepts learned