Build a function from pieces of other functions. Learners observe how to write a piecewise function from its graph with an instructive video. The video uses all notation and vocabulary related to piecewise functions, as well as a linear example with three parts.
- Give learners a similar problem to complete while they are watching the video
- Pupils should be familiar with the concept of domain and writing linear equations
- Requires Internet access to watch the YouTube video
- The lesson follows seven others in a sequence of 29 videos related to functions.
- The lesson is separated into sections, making it easy to follow
- The use of color facilitates a connection between the graph and the related funtions
- The lesson only uses one linear example