This Modeling the Periodic Table lesson plan also includes:
Imagine a race to complete a puzzle where each person has the same 50 pieces, knows they are missing other pieces, and must figure out how everything fits together. The winner gets fame, listed in books for years to come, and a financial prize because this is the periodic table. Young scientists try solving the same puzzle using an online interactive replicating the process used by scientists in the 1800s.
- Explain how to use the interactive to prevent wasted time at the beginning of the lesson
- Interactive requires Shockwave
- Relies on prior knowledge from the first lesson in the series
- Encourages higher order thinking skills
- Provides immediate feedback throughout the process