This Modeling with Inverse Trigonometric Functions 1 assessment also includes:
Where should I stand to get the best view? Pupils use inverse trigonometric functions to determine the horizontal distance from an object to get the best view. They round out the lesson by interpreting their answers within context.
6 Views 5 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Determine the optimum viewing distance of a local statue
- Model the picture dimensions from the problems on the wall and test the viewing distance
- Students should be familiar with using inverse trigonometric functions to solve problems
- Resource uses graphics to help individuals visualize the mathematics
- Lesson plan provides timings for each lesson segment