This Module 1: Functions and Their Inverses unit also includes:
Undo a function to create a new one. The inverse of a function does just that. An inquiry-based lesson examines the result of reversing the variables of a function, beginning with linear patterns and advancing to quadratic and exponential relationships. The goal of the first module in a 10-part Algebra II series is for learners to find inverse functions both graphically and algebraically.
- Incorporate extension questions as enrichment for more advanced pupils
- Use practice problems as partner work to verify understanding
- Requires previous work with linear, quadratic, and exponential functions
- Uses application questions to give relevance and meaning to the concept
- Provides a teacher guide to help plan for instruction