This Module 10: Matrices Revisited unit also includes:
A matrix is just a fancy way of making a table. Young scholars explore operations with matrices with the first lessons in the final module of a 10-unit Algebra II series. After adding, subtracting, and multiplying matrices, pupils use matrices as a method for solving a linear system.
- Create a bulletin board with matrix vocabulary to use as a reference throughout the unit
- Compare and contrast the different methods of solving linear systems
- Expects some experience with matrices prior to the first lesson
- Relies on higher order thinking skills to complete tasks
- Builds each new concept from prior knowledge