This Module 5: Rational Functions and Expressions unit also includes:
Where do those asymptotes come from? Learners graph, simplify, and solve rational functions in the fifth module of a 10-part series. Beginning with graphing, pupils determine the key characteristics of the graphs including an in-depth exploration of asymptotes. They then simplify expressions to aid in solving equations in later lessons.
- Follow each lesson with board work practice as a check for understanding
- Record new vocabulary as a glossary for pupils to access in their notes
- Builds on an understanding of parent function transformations
- Includes an inquiry-based activity for each lesson
- Provides problems for guided or independent practice