Start stoichiometry scholars off on the path to success with a short video. The narrator of this interesting video guides viewers through the concepts of the mole, molar mass, and Avogadro's number. Additional topics include converting between volume and moles for gases and determining the number of particles of substance present for a given amount.
- Pause the video throughout to allow the class to work the example problems
- Have pupils create a Mole Island diagram while watching the video
- The video is designed to be an introduction to the relationship between moles, grams, and particles
- Save the part of the video that shows conversion of moles to volume of a gas until you reach that topic in class
- Narrator gives thorough explanations for each calculation
- The video makes an excellent review tool for pupils to use on their own