Does light affect molecules or does it go right through them? The simulation explores four different types of light: microwave, infrared, visible, and ultraviolet. Scholars alter the energy level of each as it is aimed at seven different molecules. The resulting motion analysis helps scholars predict the motion of other molecules.
- Experiment with sun sensitive paper under various types of light
- Requires the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, or Safari
- Assumes prior knowledge of the light spectrum
- Includes links to six teacher-created lessons or curriculum alignment
- Translates into more than 30 languages