Fox, box, shop, got... what do all of these words have in common? The short /o/ sound! Give your class some practice with the short /o/ poem by reading the poem on this worksheet. Learners also answer three included reading comprehension questions.
- While reading, have learners circle the words that include the short /o/ sound
- Require individuals to highlight or underline the answers to the reading comprehension questions in the poem
- Use this worksheet in a teacher-led station; you read it out loud and practice the short /o/ sound
- There are a few words that include /o/ sounds that are not the short /o/ sound; kids should take care when identifying the short /o/ sounds
- The poem has a sort of quick rhythm that goes well with the many words with short /o/ sounds
- Learners can use the handwriting lines as a support while writing their responses to the reading comprehension questions
- This does not have an answer key; however, answers should be easy to determine