Wouldn't your class members love to become millionaires? It doesn't happen overnight. Teach young entrepreneurs about personal finance and money management with a series of lessons focused on money math. Pupils learn about banking and interests, measurement, taxes, and budgeting with direct instruction and engaging group activities.
- Divide the lessons according to where they fit in your math curriculum
- Have class members work in groups for each scenario, and then share what they learned with the class
- Send the extension activities and projects home for pupils to work on with parents
- Packet seems very long (100 pages), but there are several blank pages, so it's shorter than it seems
- Provides expectations and objectives for each grade level, from fourth through eighth
- Promotes enrichment and real-life application of mathematical concepts
- Equips learners with helpful and important financial skills they can take with them beyond the classroom