How can you teach your class about monohybrid genetics in a simple yet timely manner? Pupils view the short video segment, which thoroughly describes a genetic cross featuring one trait, and learn about the underlying principles of genetics.
5 Views 4 Downloads NGSS: Adaptable
- Divide the class into groups and have each group use art supplies or edible candies to demonstrate each step of a monohybrid genetic cross; display these in the room
- Have learners research common genetic disorders and discuss among the class
- Be sure to provide enough time to show the video and present the class with practice problems to ensure they understand the concepts discussed
- Provides the ability to integrate into an already existing lesson on genetic traits
- Allows a way for differentiated instruction