This More than Skin Deep lesson plan also includes:
From crime to paternity, DNA fingerprinting has revolutionized how the world views inherited traits. Science sleuths investigate the facts about DNA profiling through a variety of activities. The Teacher's Guide includes printable materials and helpful hints for getting the most out of the lesson plan.
- Place the activities near the end of a genetics unit to touch upon genetic testing
- Discover five court cases where genetic testing made all the difference through an interesting article
- Pupils must understand the function of DNA and how parents pass it to offspring
- Print the materials for the Card Sort activity in color and laminate them for future use
- The opener is fun and exciting!
- Resource pulls together many different aspects of DNA fingerprinting and profiling into one easy-to-use lesson