Multiplying binomials with radicals doesn't involve a radically new concept. After briefly reviewing how to multiply radical expressions, viewers of an instructional video learn how to multiply binomials that include radicals. The narrator works through four examples, two of which involve multiplying a radical by a binomial and two of which involve multiplying two binomials with radicals.
- Have the class create additional problems for classmates to solve
- Learners should have prior experience with multiplying binomials
- Familiarity with simplifying radicals for both square and cube roots is necessary
- Color coding helps show which values to multiply
- Organized work makes it easy to follow along