This Musical Vibes with Palm Pipes lesson plan also includes:
Ancient people used musical pipes as early as the third millennium BCE. Young scientists explore the workings of musical pipes to better understand the relationship with frequency, length of pipe, and sound waves. They determine the pitch of pipes and perform lovely music.
- Challenge small groups of students to perform musical pieces in harmony that they compose themselves
- Advanced preparation takes about two hours, but you can use the materials for multiple years
- Relies on knowledge of how sound is produced
- Connects science, math, and music
- Includes teacher tips to help the lesson run smoothly
- Offers a high level of student engagement