This My Abstraction lesson plan also includes:
- Graphic & Image
- Join to access all included materials
What makes a color warm, and what makes a color cool? Explore colors and abstract art through an observation activity and an art assignment. Learners look at images and talk about colors before making their own compositions with geometric shapes made of construction paper in both cool and warm colors.
- Find the model images for observation in either the Artwork and Artists or the See and Compare tabs
- The more specific materials you will need for this exercise are listed under Preparation Tasks in the resource's Materials tab
- Extension ideas are included; make a gallery and ask kids to title their pieces
- Provides a rubric and a glossary