This My Antonia: Request Strategy lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Can your learners stump you with questions? Find out with this question-centered activity! After reading a portion of My Antonia by Willa Cather, pupils question the teacher. Once the first round is complete, the class reads more and then pupils ask one another questions, trying to come up with more complex questions as they ask and answer.
- Follow this exercise with a lesson about different types of questions and levels of questioning
- While it's unclear in the plan, it does seem that all of the questions that the teacher and pupils develop during this exercise are supposed to be about the text
- A worksheet for students to record questions on is provided
- Keep an eye out for spelling and usage errors