You have a one in a million chance of being struck by lightning—and 90 percent of those who are struck survive! As part of a larger series on physics, the narrator interviews her father who has survived being hit by lightning twice. It explains the science of lightning and the safety precautions everyone should follow.
- Discuss the relationship between voltage and current
- Have young scientists create a poster to teach others the safety rules in a thunderstorm
- Assumes prior knowledge of the dangers of electricity and lightning
- Content applies to real life
- Upbeat and entertaining video keeps viewers focused
- Includes closed captioning in English and Portuguese for visual learners